5.02.2002

"In fact," says Winthrop, "there was enough hair there you could make a moderate-sized toupee out of it."

Oh, major heebeejeebees. I wonder how often my salon cleans their foot baths?

Speaking of heebeejeebees, it's high season for ticks around here. Walking the dogs has become quite the chore, rolling them over and checking them after they go into high grass, checking myself. I've found at least one tick a day this week, and last night, after I got into bed, propped up my pillows and settled in to read my book, I saw a tick walking across my chest (I was wearing pajamas, yes). I jumped up and dispensed with the thing immediately and then proceeded to strip my entire bed and remake it. Of course now I'm wide awake, scratching at myself and imagining that there's something crawling over me. (the situation was only compounded by my reading material: 'Salem's Lot, by Stephen King) I finished the book at 3:00 AM and fell asleep probably a half hour later. And boy am I paying for it today. I slept until 11:00 (!), but I'm still wracked with aches and pains and a headache. Stupid, stupid me.

Anyway, I wonder, is there a way to spray your yard and the surrounding area with something that will kill the ticks? I should go a'hunting on the Net for information. First, though, I need to get these resumes on their merry way.

No comments: