6.06.2002

Movin' right along...

I went and did it - signed up for a Geocities Pro account and even got myself my own domain name. How's this for a clever and imaginative URL: www.thisisgina.com. The domain won't be active for about 72 hours, and I still haven't FTP'd the site to the new location, but I'll let you all know when it's time to update your bookmarks.

Most of the improvements that come with this new account/host will be on the backend - much more storage space, higher bandwith, and support for apps that my other host didn't have: php, perl, xml, etc. Not that I can personally write anything using those languages; but I may be able to find ways to improve the user interface with some pre-existing apps that are out there, that I've wanted to use but couldn't because they weren't supported by my host.

I'm hoping the changeover and transfer goes as smoothly as possible; however, I'd like to extend my sincerest apologies - oh, is that what you were extending? - now, just in case. Thanks!

No comments: