11.27.2002

I started the laundry, but was sidetracked by the need to shovel some serious snow. Did I say we got 3 inches? Double that, please! I cleared a path to my truck, shoveled our sidewalk, stairs and deck, and surprisingly enough instead of totally knackered I feel pretty good. You know, how you felt as a kid when you came inside after sledding or making a snowman; you peel off the wet mittens, snowpants and socks, sit down at the table for the hot chocolate or grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup that your mother made for you and feel the warmth seep back into your toes, fingers and cheeks (of both varieties). I can't remember the last time I had rosey cheeks that I didn't apply myself.

Of course, ask me in a few hours how I feel, after the athritis in my shoulders flares up, and I'll probably be singing a slightly different tune...

No comments: