11.05.2002

There Are Two Kinds of People In This World...Part II

How do you eat your pancakes? For argument's sake, I'm excluding the fruit-topped variety and referring to the traditional way to serve pancakes: with butter and syrup. I know there are some who eat each pancake individually, slicing each bite off with the side of their fork. That just seems so inefficient. Here's what I do: First of all, the pancakes must be stacked. (By-the-way, this also applies to french toast) Next, I butter each pancake. Then I slice the stack, usually into 3 equal sections, depending on the size of the pancakes; I then turn the plate and slice the stack into the same number of sections but perpendicular to the original cuts. Next, I pour syrup over the top of the pile of bitesize pancake pieces, usually drenching them. Preparing the pancakes in this manner gets all the prep and cutting out of the way and allows me to shovel the pancakes into my mouth non-stop.

How about you?

No comments: