11.27.2002

Snowy Wednesday

It's a lovely, bright day. Looks like we got a good 3 inches of snow last night and this morning. I'm sure it made the morning commute a royal PITA, but since I didn't have to drive in it, I'm happy with the snow.

We had a busy weekend. My mother was here for about ten days total, and Mary and the kids were here from Friday to Sunday. The three sisters went out and tied one on Friday night - woohoo! We had an early Thanksgiving on Saturday, courtesy of Chef Me. We're still eating the leftovers. As a matter of fact, I think I'll save some to have tomorrow. On Sunday we spent the day at my father's, celebrating his birthday. Mommy left on Monday (and that involved driving her to RI and driving right back), and I worked Sun, Mon and Tu nights. And now, a nice, quiet day. Nothing to do but...laundry. Lots and lots of laundry.

I work tomorrow night (Thanksgiving). I'm not as bummed about it now as I know I will be tomorrow. This job, and retail in general, basically sucks. But it's bringing in at least some money while I continue to look for a "real" job. I was just not made for retail - some of the customers set me off the second I see them walk through the door. And I've never seen them in my life before that moment! And if I hear one more tightass piss and moan about paying a $2.00 late fee that I know they owe I'm gonna take that "Oops I goofed!" coupon and shove it right up that tight ass. There, I feel much better now.

Gotta go start the laundry. Have a good day. :)

No comments: