2.01.2005

Booty-licious

Celebrity Swag: "'I can't walk down the street without getting bothered,' the unnamed celebrity tells the paper. 'I gave up my anonymity for this job. I deserve this stuff.'"

Maybe so, but I see you were able to keep your anonymity for the quote, huh? Not so anxious for people to know you said that, are you?

I don't know the reason why Keanu declined his swag, but I feel like cheering him on, anyway. These "goody bags" are getting out of hand - $50,000.00 worth of free stuff?? That's just crazy and wrong. What do the participating companies get out of the deal? I just don't understand it.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Aww, so you gave up your anonymity for a life of fame and fortune? Boo-friggin-hoo. Whoever that is, doesn't 'deserve' anything, aside from a swift boot to the head.

I would love to have a free iPod, but even though I don't brave the paparrazi and adoring masses, I sure as hell don't feel like I *deserve* one.

I think that most of those companies are just vultures, vying for publicity and promotion, of which they will most likely get neither.