2.07.2005

Drive-By Reviews

Dawn of the Dead - Scary; really gross; actors were good enough to make you care about what happened to them, which is important in a horror film; the humor, what little there is, works; and the opening and closing credits are awesome, as is the music. If you rent it, stay and watch the closing credits.

Van Helsing - Pretty much a stinker. I think I get what they were trying to do - I just don't think they were able to pull it off. I liked the over-the-top Dracula (Richard Roxburgh, unrecognizable from his previous big role, as the Duke in Moulin Rouge), but the rest was just an unGodly mess, pardon the pun. My favorite part of the movie was the score, and that's saying a lot, considering Hugh Jackman took his shirt off.


1 comment:

Esther said...

I don't know how you could have watched the first one by yourself. I'm still trying to muster up some courage to watch 'The Grudge' w/Chris. lol It's funny that you mention the ending, because a lot of people I know who saw it didn't really like it. Not necessarily what happens, but the way it was filmed and edited, all herky jerky, I guess.

As for Van Helsing, the only thing I can remember is Hugh taking his shirt off. lol