8.28.2006

Another TV List

After responding to my 25 favorite TV characters list, my friend Holly came back with a slightly modified list: Favorite Duos/Pairs/Couples:

"I had so much fun with this one, I think I will throw out the challenge of doing the same thing with duos that a show is based on or that are inexplicably linked as far as you are concerned and you love them as a pair.

Here's my list so far:

Jonathan and Jennifer Hart (Hart to Hart)
Sally McMillan and Mac (McMillan and Wife)
Lord Brett Sinclair and Danny Wilde (The Persuaders)
Kelly Robinson and Alexander Scott (I Spy)
Dave Starsky and Ken Hutchinson (Starsky and Hutch)
Hannibal Heyes and Kid Curry/Joshua Smith and Thaddeus Jones (Alias Smith and Jones)"
All's fair in love and list-making, so here are some of my favorite television duos:

Lucy and Ethel (I Love Lucy)
Ralph and Norton (The Honeymooners)
George and Gracie (The Burns and Allen Show - I haven't seen much of this but I'm including them anyway)
Starsky & Hutch
Remington Steele and Laura Holt. (Remington Steele)
Oscar and Felix (The Odd Couple)
Abbot and Costello (I loved watching these guys on Sunday mornings with my father)

We loved Donny & Marie and Sonny & Cher, but I don’t think you can really include variety performers in this type of list. However, Tim Conway and Harvey Korman just might be the exception.

If you can think of any other TV duos that you like (or liked), please post them in the comments!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fox Mulder and Dana Scully (The X Files)

gina said...

M and S are definitely my favorite duo of all time. (I left them off this list because they made the Top 25 list as individuals.)