8.02.2006

If only wishing made it so.


On our beach
Originally uploaded by gina64.

What a wonderful vacation we had. The only complaint I have is that it wasn't nearly long enough.

Us 3 sisters had a fine time hanging out, playing cards and drinking mojitos, and the kids were great. The weather cooperated for the most part, and the photo above is an example of one of the good days. We also had fog, heavy rain and an awesome thunderstorm on our last night that lasted a couple of hours. Storms are always so much more intense up there, and nature always so much more close.

I finished one book and read about two thirds of another. I watched 2 discs (eight episodes) from season 2 of The 4400 and various movies with the kids. I even played a little GameBoy.

We took walks and had a picnic. The kids were outside almost the entire trip, climbing all over the rocks in their little bare feet.

We had hamburgers and nachos and steaks and fried clams and lobster rolls and spaghetti and tuna sandwiches (lots of tuna sandwiches). On Thursday night the 3 adults had lobster for dinner - two each. Cookies were baked, and so was a banana bread.

We had a bonfire on the beach and made s'mores. We went to church on Sunday where my aunt was giving the service. We visited my father's gravesite and left flowers for him.

We went to Bar Harbor and I bought some new Merrills for my next vacation. I took a lot of pictures.

Like I said, it was a good vacation.

1 comment:

gina said...

Thanks. We look forward to having you back!