8.01.2006

In the desert, you can't remember your name...

OK, so CT isn't the desert, but it might as well be with this weather. I actually went out at lunch today (that's the sun taken with my camera phone to the left), and it wasn't too bad at first. I was just going across the street to Target for a few things, so I didn't even turn the AC on in my car.

It was a different story, however, when I got back in my car to head back to work. I'm not sure why - maybe I hit my maximum heat absorption or the refrigeration of the office AC finally wore off - but whatever the reason, the heat hit me like a truck. Ugh. I am not looking forward to the drive home tonight, AC or no AC. I really hope that all of the people who don't have access to air conditioning or other methods of cooling off have been able to get help today, especially the elderly and those with breathing problems.

Unfortunately, things are going to get worse around here before they get better:

According to the National Weather Service,

THIS DANGEROUS HEAT WAVE WILL CONTINUE THROUGH WEDNESDAY. HIGH TEMPERATURES ON WEDNESDAY WILL BE EVEN A DEGREE OR TWO HOTTER THAN THIS AFTERNOON... CLIMBING TO AROUND 100 DEGREES. WITH HUMIDITY REMAINING AT OPPRESSIVE LEVELS...THIS WILL RESULT IN MAXIMUM HEAT INDICES OF 110 TO 115 DEGREES BETWEEN NOON AND 6 PM.

We're havin' a heat wave...a tropical heat wave...

No comments: