9.27.2006

TV Talk

I caught NBC's re-airing of the Heroes pilot last night. The show wasn't on my list of "new shows to watch", mostly because of a bad review I read at teevee.org; however, a bunch of my friends did like it, and that's enough of a recommendation for me to check it out. And I'm glad I did. There are elements of the teevee.org review that I think ring true (the female roles, the hospice character), but I didn't think it was nearly as bad as he led me to believe it was. It's certainly worth another look.

Eureka, on the other hand, is nowhere near as good as I had hoped it would turn out to be. Last night's episode was particularly bad, lacking any suspense, logic, originality, or decent acting, for that matter. It's a shame because it really could have been a good show. In fact, if I look hard enough, I can almost see the show it wants to be, hidden under all that mediocrity.

No comments: