6.04.2007

I don't like Mondays.


I don't like Mondays., originally uploaded by gina64.

But Valium helps.

Here I am, apologizing again for being absent. I had every intention of catching up on things this weekend, after a wicked crazy week at work (with one person on vacation and another out sick with a newly discovered lesion on her brain), but then I came down with a MOTHER of a headache on Friday that unfortunately is still with me. I couldn't do much more than lie on the couch all weekend.

I went to the doctor this morning and the diagnosis is a muscle spasm in my neck that's causing a tension headache. So it's a Valium and 4 Advil, 3 times a day, until I feel better, which will hopefully be within a couple of days. Right now, I can barely lean over or turn my head side to side.

Actually, truth be told, right now I can barely type and I'm staring to feel REALLY good. I guess the Valium is kicking in. Time to go to bed.

Please hang in there and I'll be back soon with a LOST post, photos from my camping trip and various other random things. I love you guys!

OK, I'm getting sloppy now...

ETA: All of this was likely the result of a massage I had on Thursday night. Word to the wise: don't let anyone touch your neck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch, Gina, hope your headache is better soon. I love to get a massage and have my neck worked on, I never knew it could result in such pain. Ack.

Also, is it just me, or does it seem that the people you work with seem to come down with horrible illnesses? A brain lesion? Didn't someone fall down some stairs and have a compound leg fracture? Sounds like an unlucky bunch, your co-workers.

oh, and we love you too, man! :)

gina said...

It's not just you, Beth - our office is like a black hole of injury and illness. After that one employee fell down the stairs and suffered a compund fracture in her leg, then another employee slipped on ice and was out with a knee injury for two weeks and is still in physical therapy.

Now this employee with the brain lesion...after the sudden onset of short term memory loss and general confusion while at work, she spent about 5 days in the hospital for tests and and is still out of work. She's seeing a neurologist today.

The crazy thing is, we have only 10 employees in our office!