6.27.2007

What's wrong with this picture?

For the past couple of days CNN has been loudly promoting Larry King's interview with Paris Hilton tonight, as if it was an exclusive on the par of, oh I don't know, the first interview with Jesus after the Second Coming or something. Whatever.

So I was flipping channels last night and Larry's on and his guests are Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr...Yoko Ono, George Harrison's widow...Wait a sec. Isn't this kind of a big deal? At first I thought it was an old interview they were running but no, it was live. Now I can't stand Larry King but I think that if I had heard that what remained of the Beatles was going to gather for the show, I would have tuned in for at least a peek. Now THAT'S a coup worthy of promoting.

And there Larry was, with the Beatles sitting right in front of him, asking them if they knew who Paris Hilton was and shilling for tonight's interview. Jesus save us.

After your interview with Larry, of course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't hear about that. Michael Moore was on Jon Stewart last night, and I did hear that he had been bumped from Larry King because of Paris Hilton. He had been excited to be doing an entire hour of LK, and was fairly put out (and rightly so, imo) about being bumped.
~krys

gina said...

I had heard that about Michael Moore, too. Crazy. I also heard that Anderson Cooper did a great follow-up show when LK was done. Or should I say he was made to do the follow-up and his disgust with the topic was supposedly very apparent. I wish I had seen that!