1.14.2009

'24' Reboot isn't all that different from what it was before.

I've been a bad 24 fan: The November movie Redemption has been sitting on my DVR unwatched since it aired, and I completely spaced and forgot to record Sunday's two-hour premiere. I'm working on fixing that, however, and I managed to watch all of Redemption and the new season's first hour on Hulu last night. (Say it with me: "Yay, Hulu!")

Redemption was good. Not spectacular, but it did a good job of filling in the gap between season 6 (which ended a year and a half ago!) and Sunday's premiere.

As far as the first hour goes...At first blush, things are different: CTU is gone, Jack's been brought in front of a Senate committee investigating his, er, extreme methods of interrogation, and the action has moved from L.A. to D.C. There's even a new president - a woman! - and a whole new set of White House back-stabbers to get to know.  Eventually, hoever, things started to get familiar again, and people who were supposed to be dead are now alive and evil (although I think Tony's undercover) and Jack's sticking pens in peoples' eyes and all is right with the world.

Kiefer's starting to show his age - and he's looking more like his father - but then again, aren't we all?  He's still bad ass as Jack, even though he doesn't have his man purse.  I think he may have left it in Africa.  I hope he has time to get a new one.

So anyway, I'm caught up in the story now, and I'm looking forward to watching the next three hours, so they must be doing something right.

No comments: