1.21.2009

Moments from Yesterday.

I just wanted to share with you some of the images from yesterday's festivities that I really liked.  All pictures have been stolen borrowed from the Associated Press.  Thanks, AP!

The President and his wife share a moment on the dance floor:


I wonder what he's thinking here:


Michelle Obama was a stunner in that dress, I thought:


And here Mister Potter arrives for the ceremony:



President Obama's Inaurguration speech was inspiring, thoughtful, confident and commanding.  I was moved by not only his words, but by the effect they had on everyone watching; and by the sheer number of people (1.5 million!) who congregated on that Mall peacefully; and by the international response.

I hope all of this good will lasts longer than it usually does.


Sasha certainly approves:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL. I didn't see Cheney until I got to the kindergarten classroom, and I started laughing when I saw him. Donna, the K assistant, asked why I was laughing. I said that I thought he was a dead ringer for Muff Potter, and she just gave me this blank stare. I played back what I said and I cracked up. Muff Potter was from Tom Sawyer, and I had meant *MR.* Potter from It's a Wonderful Life. Donna did agree that he looked like Mr. Potter, but she didn't think my slip was nearly as funny as I did. Oh, well, lol.