3.11.2009

Battlestar Galactica

Battlestar. Galactica.

Two words that, even after 5 years of excellence and critical praise, are still difficult for me to say out loud. Everyone who knows me knows that I am pretty geeky, and I tend to agree with them most of the time. However, the stigma of the appallingly cheesy original BSG - which I watched and loved, btw, but I was a CHILD at the time - still haunts this show. And I still get funny looks when I say I watch the new one, despite all of my protestations about how it really is one of the best things on TV.

For years I was the only person I knew who watched BSG, until a couple of years ago, when I was able to strong arm a couple of friends into a weekend marathon.  And the rest is history.  They fell in love with the show and soon so did a few more friends, and now we all watch it religiously and e-mail each other about it for days.  BSG would have been just as good if I was still watching it alone, but the experience would not have been nearly as much fun.

As the end of the series draws near - part 1 of the finale airs Friday night - I decided I should mark the occasion by drowning my sorrows -- er, I mean by blogging about my favorite episodes and favorite moments from the series, both of which you can expect to see over the next few days.

I'm really going to miss this show.  Battlestar Galactica.  I am really going to miss Battlestar Galactica.  There, I said it.



No comments: