3.18.2009

What is wrong with me?

I have no idea what is going on but lately, I have been craving candy from my childhood, candy that I haven't eaten in decades. It's been so long since I've had them that I had forgotten what they tasted like.

So the other day? I bought a box of orange peeps - ORANGE PEEPS - just so I could taste one. Then I threw the box away. Today? I just bought a bag of CVS brand Circus Peanuts, of all things! I don't know what came over me, but I saw them and just had to have them. I ate a few and now the bag is sitting in my car. I'll probably throw it away.

Could I be trying to recapture my youth somehow? Revisit those carefree summer days when you would go to the corner store with a couple of dollars and buy a bag full of rock candy, tootsie rolls, pixie sticks and Bazooka bubble gum? Maybe. But the thing is, I don't remember EVER buying circus peanuts.

'Tis a mystery. Another mystery: A candy that's orange, and shaped like a peanut, but tastes like banana.

Wait a minute! I just realized that both the peeps and the peanuts are orange. Fascinating!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, Gina.
I don't know which is more vile: the circus peanut or ANY flavor of Peeps.

Anonymous said...

I think the circus peanuts are the grossest candy ever. My husband likes them, though. Can't wait to hear what candy you buy next... ;)

gina said...

And I repeat: What the hell is wrong with me? lol

Anonymous said...

If I'd have read this before last weekend, Gina, I would have been very afraid to have you come to my house. I see I dodged a bullet as you didn't end up bringing any of this vile candy with you ;)

Snap out of it, girl!

~Holly