3.24.2009

TV Talk: Catching Up

A few very, very brief notes about TV stuff that isn't LOST or Battlestar Galactica (whose series finale was amazing - more on that later)...

Heroes - I never did rejoin the show after the winter break, and I deleted my season pass for it, but I heard that Bryan Fuller's first show aired last night, and I was wondering if it was worth him leaving Pushing Daisies? Seriously, was it any good, or any different?

24 - This season has been really good, in case you're wondering.

Fringe - The show returns to Tuesdays on FOX on April 7 (2 weeks from tonight). I'm really looking forward to it starting up again. I miss Walter and Peter, and I'm starting to like Olivia.

Castle - I've seen two episodes so far, and liked them both, mostly on the strength of Nathan Fillion's many charms. It feels like a throwback to 80s shows like Remington Steele and Moonlighting, which is OK. I just sort of wish that the crimes themselves were a little bit more interesting.

Kings - I have heard a lot of good things about this, and I would love to see Al Swearengen back on my TV, but I haven't taken the plunge yet.

American Idol and The Biggest Loser - I dropped both of these shows and I do not miss them at all. What a relief to have those bloated monkeys off of my back! (I just realized it sounds like I'm calling BL contestants "bloated monkeys" - I'm not!)

Rock of Love Bus - Yet I am still watching Bret Michael's Rock of Love Bus. Why? Because it's fascinating, in an almost anthropological way. With an occasional anatomy lesson thrown in for good measure.

No comments: