6.15.2009

"I thank the Good Lord I have a thick skull and I have a feeling this may have been my first and final curtain call at the Tonys"

Bret Michaels addresses his now infamous Tonys performance with an open letter on his website:

I had a great time at the Tonys right up until I got blindsided, I must admit it was a little blurry after that. In hindsight, there is no doubt I got my bell rung, unfortunately it has been posted and perhaps funny to watch, but I can assure you it has been painful to experience. In all honesty I had absolutely no idea what struck my head. Upon impact I thought a piece of the lighting rig had fallen out of the ceiling and as I fell back it seemed like my head struck the stage and I blacked out for a second. When I opened my eyes I noticed a large set prop coming down straight for me. I immediately pushed myself out of the way and amidst the chaos I laid on the floor and asked "what the hell just happened?"

Aw, now I feel kinda bad for laughing. Well, just a little.

No comments: