1.12.2010

The man's got class. Bad hair, but a lot of class.

I don't watch any of the late night shows regularly, but I have been following the debacle that is NBC's decision to put Leno on every single night at 10PM. Now they are backpedaling and Conan is not happy. From a letter he released today:

So it has come to this: I cannot express in words how much I enjoy hosting this program and what an enormous personal disappointment it is for me to consider losing it. My staff and I have worked unbelievably hard and we are very proud of our contribution to the legacy of The Tonight Show. But I cannot participate in what I honestly believe is its destruction. Some people will make the argument that with DVRs and the Internet a time slot doesn’t matter. But with the Tonight Show, I believe nothing could matter more.


Smart, funny and classy and I can't say I blame him. You can read the entire letter here.

No comments: