1.13.2010

More Notes From The Great LOST Rewatch: Season 2

I'm almost done with season 2! I just have the 2-hour finale to watch, which I may get to tonight. Lots of stuff going on in s2, what with the Tailies, the Others, and the exploration of the Hatch and the ensuing Dharma mystery; and of course the arrival of Benry, one of the best TV characters of all time. Great stuff.

A few things I jotted down while watching...

WTF was the meaning of Charlie's "Save the Baby" dream anyway? I didn't like that episode the first time it aired, and I still don't.

In "The Long Con", during that great final scene with Hurley and Sayid on the beach listening to "Moonlight Serenade" on the radio, they have this conversation:

Sayid: "Radio frequencies like this bounce off the ionosphere. They could be coming from anywhere."
Hurley: "Or any time. Just kidding, man."

Right you are, Hurley! I wonder if they were picking up a radio transmission across time, from when the Army was on the Island in 1954, the time of "Jughead"?

"Two For The Road" - I don't think I ever put together the name of the episode with the two real-life DUI cases that got killed off in it (Libby and Ana Lucia). Hehe. On a more serious note, the scene where Michael shoots both of them was still just as powerful, even knowing what was coming.

On a LOST-related note, I was watching "The Fugitive" off and on Sunday when it hit me: That's where I know Rose from! She was Poole, one of Sam Gerard's junior marshals.

Finally, while I love them all, I really think that Benry was the best thing that ever happened to this show.

No comments: