1.05.2010

Notes from The Great LOST Rewatch: Season 2

Season 1 is in the can! And I'm 7 episodes into Season 2. So far, I'm having a great time.

Some thoughts:

The season 2 premiere, "Man of Science, Man of Faith" - otherwise known as the day Desmond came into my life. I remember it as if it was only yesterday. Fantastic season opener. Remember how we all flipped out when we learned there was someone living down there in that hatch all along? And how we dissected that opener? I think this is the point where Jack really started to bug, with his irrational antagonistic point of view with regard to the button/hatch.

Tell me, have they ever explained why Dharma stamped the numbers on the Swan hatch? Because I can't recall if there was ever an explanation beyond showing the worker engraving it on the door in 1974.

"Adrift" - Rewatching this confirmed for me that the moment when Walt was taken, that's when Michael's character went into the toilet; or at least that's when I began to not like him very much. Almost all of his dialogue after 7 episodes into the season has been variations of "They took my son", and "I'm not leaving without my boy", and of course, "WALT!" Very annoying.

I think it was also in "Adrift" that Desmond asks Locke when the plane crashed. When Locke tells him "44 days ago", you can see Desmond putting it together, that he must have caused the crash. Those are the little moments that are fun to re-discover now that I know what's going to happen.

As a final note, I just wanted to mention that while I was highly irritated with the Tail Section part of the story when it originally aired, re-watching those episodes in quick succession makes that part of the plot much more palatable.

Only 67 episodes left to watch before February 2!

No comments: