9.03.2001

Blah Blah Blah

I've been neglecting you all. To be honest, I've been just plain neglectful of everything this weekend. My health, my apartment, my social life. My health because instead of getting outside to enjoy this beautiful holiday weekend by engaging in actual physical activity, I've spent my days lounging around the house, watching video rentals, devouring everything in sight and napping when I can. That's because my nights have either been spent drinking and smoking too much or staying up until 3 in the morning just for the hell of it. I am living in virtual squalor (well, not really, but the place could use a good sweep and vacuum), but I can't quite muster up the energy to clean it. And my social life took a couple of hits this weekend - just flesh wounds (picnics at friends' yesterday and today) that shouldn't leave a mark, but still. I get like this every once in a while. I do not multi-task well, and when life starts piling up on me, I need to shut down for a little while. So I needed this weekend. I was a lazy, disgusting, negligent slob, and it was great.

So now I'm psyching myself up for the weeks ahead. On Friday I applied online to a few jobs and sent 4 resumes out. I'll pick up the search again tomorrow and hopefully be able to send a few more out. The interview process is what scares me the most. I haven't been on a job interview in over 15 years. Despite all of the evidence to the contrary, I don't like to talk about myself, to really talk about myself. And what the heck am I going to wear? I have a closet full of work clothes, but I've always dressed pretty casually at work. Maybe I could pick up a black suit jacket that I could use to dress things up a bit. Or I could raid my sister's closet. Just kidding, Sheila.

Okay, now I'm just rambling.

No comments: