9.04.2001

image courtesy www.hln.org

God, that previous post just cleared away some cobwebs...I am embarrassed to recall an evening in college when my friend Sue and I scraped together what was left of our meager work-study pay and got ourselves tickets to go see Huey Lewis & The News at a club in downtown New Haven. Neither of us had a car, so we walked a couple of miles into town. Those were the days, huh? Anyway, this took place some time in 1983 (maybe '84?) - I Want a New Drug and Heart of Rock and Roll were already big hits and I just thought he was the cutest thing. Since they were playing in a club, we were able to get up right next to the stage. There he was, sweating in his tight black shirt, tight black pants and skinny belt, right in front of me. I was young and didn't know better and yes, I screamed out to Huey to "Take it off!!"

Sorry, Russell. I'm older and wiser now and would never insult your band or your musical prowess (did somebody say prowess?) by saying such a thing and thereby reducing you to a mere sex object. While we're talking, I was wondering...that skirt you wore in Gladiator wouldn't happen to be a part of your stage wardrobe, would it?

I like men's knees


No comments: