9.13.2002

Twenty-five years ago today, on September 13, 1977, "Soap" premiered. According to teevee.org, TVLand will be airing a 10-hour "Soap" marathon, beginning tonight at 8:00 P.M. and concluding tomorrow morning at 6:00. Burt, Jessica, Benson, Mary, Chester...classic stuff. If you've never seen the show, this is your chance to see what all the fuss was about. I remember being one of the few girls in my high school class who was allowed to watch the show, because if its 'adult' themes. It's all very tame by today's standards - God, if they only knew then - but it's still just as funny. Inspired silliness, I guess. I'll watch just so I can see Burt snap his fingers and "disappear", see Chester walk around in his bandage/turban, believing he's Marlene Dietrich, and to watch Benson just shake his head at all of them. You can find descriptions of all the episodes that will air here. Just how many people tried to kill Peter Campbell?

No comments: