11.24.2004

Catorce!!

New U2 Album Melodious, Without Surprises: "The soaring melodies on 'Bomb' sometimes reveal Bono's vocal range is not what it used to be when he belted the high notes in his 20s. But overall the renewed emphasis on anthems suits the material and makes for the most vivid and passionate U2 album since 1990's masterful 'Achtung Baby.' "

God, I can't get that new song out of my head! I bought the "Bomb" last night, and I'm looking forward to listening to it.

Oh, and I would have killed to have been able to see them at one of their surprise NYC shows this week!

2 comments:

Esther said...

I *love* 'Vertigo! I can't wait to get this album. Let us know what you think! :-)

Johnny_Canuck said...

I liked "Vertigo" the first 5000 times I heard it too, but now I see that Ipod commercial 10 times a night, I go out to the car in the morning, noon or night and "Vertigo" is on the radio, and even the elevator music in a restaurant on Monday night was playing,,, you guessed it,,,"Veritgo."

Luckily I listen to internet Classic Rock at work or I'd hear it another 9 times a day here.

Enough is enough already. It's become more annoying and is in higher rotation than any song since the Bay City Roller's "Saturday Night" for cryin' out loud!