8.29.2005

Katrina

Hurricane Katrina crushing New Orleans, Gulf Coast.


image from weather.com

It looks like Katrina, even though she's been downgraded to a Category 4 with 'only' 140 mph winds, is still whipping their butts. I've been getting little bits of info and links to local NO sites from a Fark discussion thread. I heard that one of the levees surrounding NO has broken and the 9th ward is getting hammered. Also that the roof of the Superdome, where 10,000 people are taking shelter, has started to leak. I've got a really bad feeling about that situation - God help them if that roof collapses.

While New Orleans is getting all the coverage, I guess Biloxi, MS might actually get it worse. I'm going to be following this all day.

It's a good thing it's a Monday and I didn't really feel like working anyway.



No comments: