5.11.2006

Idol Results: Well Knock Me Over With a Feather.

The show starts and I'm so nervous I want to throw up. (Someone please slap me!) I wasn't worried about the chance that Katharine might go home - I KNEW she was going home and I was sick about how she must have been feeling. At this point, I don't like seeing any of them leave, but as you know, Katharine has been a favorite and I didn't want to say goodbye yet. Even if she bombed Tuesday night.

So anyway, we go through the opening and then commercials and then more video of them at Graceland and then commercials and then the Ford commercial and then more commercials and then the group sing. It's an Elvis medley and is miles superior to last week's abomination. Katharine sings Are You Lonesome Tonight and shows everyone why she should still be in the competition, but a little too late I fear. Then we have more commercials and we come back to Ryan talking to Rebecca Romijn and Jerry O'Connell and RR asks if Taylor can sing Jailhouse Rock again. Weird. Taylor does seem surprised, though. Anyway...this is killing me. Hurry up, let's get it over with!

When Taylor finishes singing Ryan tells him to stay onstage and calls Chris, Elliot and Katharine down from the bleachers. Taylor and Elliot stand together, Chris and Katharine stand together. Hmm, Chris is in the Bottom 2. Katharine looks miserable. She's not even trying to hide it anymore. It's over and she knows it. Ryan tells Elliot and Taylor to sit down and says to Chris, "So a lot of people have predicted that you would be the next American, Idol, haven't they?" Chris says "Yes." And Ryan barely lets him get that little yes out before he quickly says, "Well Chris, you're going home tonight." POW!

Everyone is SHOCKED. I think Marty was even in shock! That was some good TV.

And now I am left with the three singers I have been voting for each week - Katharine, Elliot and Taylor. Unbelievable. If Katharine isn't perfect next week, I don't think she'll be able to surpass Elliot.

Sheila tells me that I can't keep voting for all 3. I suppose she's right.

2 comments:

Michael Markowitz said...

Elliott seems to be trying to wrestle the name "Potato Face" from Chloe on 24. Great talent, but it's hard to imagine an American Idol with that mug.

As for the request that Taylor sing Jailhouse Rock, that was a total setup, as witness the fact that the guitar player was standing on stage in makeup. (And that they had an extra two-and-a-half minutes in a twenty-minute show).

The fact that Taylor looked surprised is no big deal. I think every sunrise surprises Taylor.

gina said...

Hey! Quit picking on Taylor! lol

To be honest, when he's really into a song and he gets that scary intense look in his eye, he reminds me of an autistic person. I still love him, even if he does turn out to be an idiot savant.

I love all three of them, actually. I don't know what I'm going to do when one of them goes this week.

Speaking of Chloe, this is the first season of 24 that I have not watched, and I really miss it! I am already planning a marathon weekend as soon as the DVDs come out.