11.14.2006

Seven Minutes to Midnight



Heroes was good again last night.

1. I really like Charlie, the new Hero who was introduced last night only to be claimed as the next Sylar victim. And I really hope that Hiro is successful in traveling back in time to save her - she is far more interesting than the achingly dull Mohinder. He is gorgeous but God is he BORING. How appropriate that he's being harassed by someone in his sleep.

2. The interrogation of Nuclear Ted was cool, but I could care less about Matt's marriage and wife. I also thought the suspension thing was handled sort of clumsily - Audrey was overreacting to something that in the end went nowhere. They should never have mentioned it. Unless it becomes important that he's out of work for a month with no pay, which is possible, I suppose. Any ideas what those marks are on Ted's and Matt's necks? I thought at first that they were part of the hero symbol we've been seeing, but they looked different last night.

3. It's so awesome the way this show, while keeping things secret, still manages to hand out so much information every week. From last night I would assume now that Mr. Bennett is actually a good guy, or at least he seemed that way to me. Willing to go to whatever lengths to achieve his goal, yes, but I think his ultimate goal is not the destruction of the heroes, like I thought it was. I'm not sure what his goal is yet, but I don't think it's bad. It seems as though Matt's and Ted's abilities were heightened after their abduction by Bennett and the Haitian, not diminished. Also, if Isaac's new painting will help Mr. Bennett prevent Claire's death at the hands of Sylar, then I wonder what's on the painting that Linderman has? And what do you think Eden's power is? Is she like Pusher?

4. One more question: How did Hiro and Ando end up in Midland, TX if they are trying to get from Las Vegas to New York City? I guess they're taking the scenic route.

5. Oops, one more: What's the significance of the title?

1 comment:

gina said...

I did! I re-set it last night to record until 10:05. We'll see if that does the trick.

Re: the title...I re-watched parts of the episode last night, and "seven minutes to midnight"refers to Sylar's watch. When we first see him in the diner, the music is like a ticking clock and they do a closeup of his wristwatch, which has a cracked face and says seven minutes before 12:00. We see the watch again on the arm of the person killing Mohinder's father in the cab and it says the same time. Whether or not it was broken already at that point or it got broke when he killed Chandra, I don't know. It's interesting that Sylar did not slice off the top of Chandra's head and eat his brain (if that's what he's been doing to the other victims) - he seems to only do that when he kills a "hero".