11.20.2006

TV Talk

First thing first: Sincere apologies for the lateness of the LOST fall season finale recap. Those recaps take me about 4-5 hours to complete and I just haven't had the opportunity or the time to devote to it. But I won't let it fall through the cracks and I will have it posted here some time this week. Really. I swear.

On to other things...Battlestar Galactica continues to be one of the most thought-provoking and entertaining shows on TV. And I'm still amazed that I am the only person I know who watches it! Let's try this: If you are someone that I know and you watch BSG, please tell me so. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed, I won't tell anyone, I promise. I would love to be able to talk to someone about it.

Sheila and I watched VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the 80s on Saturday night and it was totally awesome. No really, it was. I usually hate those "list" shows and so-called "experts/comics" they bring in to comment on the list items, but it was fun to try to figure out where our favorites would land and oh the memories they brought back! And most of those memories revolved around Toad's Place, a New Haven landmark where I spent many of my college nights. Ah, those were the salad days.

The "Final Act" of Prime Suspect aired last night on Masterpiece Theater and it was so very good. It was a bittersweet and fitting ending to the series. I had heard that the writers had originally wanted to kill Tennison off but Mirren objected. Thank God. What they gave us was heartbreaking enough. And if you haven't seen any of the Prime Suspect series, well, you know what I'm going to say. It's on DVD, alright?

Don't forget, there's a new episode of Heroes on tonight!

No comments: