2.02.2008

Don't Forget!


Puppy Bowl IV: "In response to the ratings behemoth that is the Super Bowl, executives at this cable channel created a show that they thought would be Animal Planet’s version of the televised Yule log but turned out to be a hit in its own right. “Puppy Bowl IV,” a three-hour extravaganza in which a cast of 46 dogs frolics, chases, pants, sniffs, rolls, tail wags and occasionally picks up a ball (or, more likely, a chew toy) on a set resembling a football field, will be broadcast at 3 p.m. on Sunday, with repeats to follow. Cat people, keep reading: there’s also a kitty halftime show.

“I sort of think of it as when you walk by a pet shop window and you just can’t help but sit and stare in awe,” said Melinda Toporoff, an executive producer of “Puppy Bowl.” “It seems to have found its audience.”"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My two youngest watch Puppy Bowl every year - they love it. I think Kitty Halftime is the highlight. :)

I live near Boston, but am NOT a Pats fan, so I think I am going to see Cloverfield during the superbowl. Go Giants!

Anonymous said...

Go Pats!

Holly