2.28.2008

Idol: Top Ten Women

Wow, that was pretty unremarkable. How can there be so many decent singers in one group who can't keep my interest? And maybe it's my advancing years but I SWEAR to you I cannot keep those blondes - Kristy Lee Cook (you have to to say all three of her names, like a serial killer), Alaina and Kady - straight in my head. I had to look up what they sang and I still can't put a face with a name.

Carly - "Crazy On You" - Much better than last week. Hmm, I think her Irish accent is getting stronger the closer we get to St. Patrick's Day.

Syesha - "Me and Mr. Jones" - Simon's right, the "Mr." part was distracting. Her voice was prettier this week but not right for that song. No soul. And there's just something about her I do not like.

Brooke - "You're So Vain" - One of the best of the night, but she can't sing Carly Simon every night.

Ramiele - "Don't Leave Me This Way" - Oo, bad song choice. And her heels were way too high.

Kristy Lee Cook - "You're No Good" - Is she the one with horses? Or the one who won't let her foods touch each other?

Amanda - "Carry On My Wayward Son" - Oh dear. Whoever was in charge of her hair ought to be SHOT. That really was a bit of a mess, I'm sad to say, because I like her. She should wear that bandana on her head on stage.

Alaina - "Hopelessly Devoted to You" - This is the girl with the food issues, right?

Alexandrea - "If You Leave Me Know" - As sung by Rita Baker. Weird.

Kady - "Magic Man" - She's the one with the permanent b*tch-face, correct?

Asia'h - "All By Myself" - What is with these song choices? Oy, that was a nightmare!

The group gets whittled down to 8 men and 8 women in the results show tonight. Hopefully at least one of the blondes will be eliminated and I'll only have two to keep straight next week.

No comments: