2.15.2008

LOST: Episode 4.03 (Discussion)


The Economist

Holy Crap that was one of the best LOST episodes EVER. And I say this despite the fact that it looks as though I may not be seeing my man Desmond for a long time.

Anyway, my mind it is blown.

  • On a shallow note: Sayid was rockin' the luscious locks last night! Wow. Those jheri curls he's usually sporting do him absolutely no favors.
  • We now know 4 of the Oceanic 6: Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid. I was thinking last night about the person in the coffin in Jack's FF. I'm starting to think it wasn't one of the O-6. I mean, it seems the entire world knows about them, and it's not likely that someone that well known would end up with a funeral in a poor part of town that no one attends.
  • "31 minutes" - what does it mean?! Well, besides confirmation that at least one of the island's mysterious properties is a temporal anomaly. The "rocket"'s clock was 31 minutes ahead of the island clock. Does time pass more slowly on the island? Or did the rocket jump ahead in time as it passed through whatever invisible barrier surrounds the island?
  • Why did Frank tell Daniel to hang up if George Minkowski answered the phone? And there's a Regina on the boat! Finally, a character in a show I like has the same name as me! She's probably evil or will end up very dead very soon.
  • How about Benry's Closet of Secret Identities?? I'm thinking he uses the various clothes/passports/currency when he travels to and from the island. He doesn't seem to be a slave to fashion, but wouldn't it be interesting if his clothes were from different periods in time?
  • Is Desmond still having visions of the future? Will Claire and Aaron still get on the helicopter like he said they would? Is Desmond one of the O-6? I don't think so. Even if he ends up off the island - which it would appear will happen - he wasn't one of the passengers on the plane. Please God it had better not be him in that coffin.
  • What's up with Jacob's cabin? I just cannot come up with a theory for what it is, how it moves around or who exactly is in it at any given time.
  • I think it makes total sense for Kate to stay on the island with Sawyer, but she obviously doesn't, as she's one of the O-6. I wonder what happens?
  • Did Sayid give Elsa the bracelet he took off of Naomi, or did she have one of her own? It seems to me that Elsa had her own, otherwise the inscription would be out of place. If Elsa's bracelet was not Naomi's, then where did she get it from? Or who did she get it from? Who is "R.G."? Or was it "R.C."?
  • The more I think about this episode the more I love it. It's definitely one of the best they’ve ever done, imo, whoever directed it deserves an Emmy. That scene in the bedroom where Sayid and Elsa shot each other – the editing, the acting, the music – it was all so cinematic.

So, what did you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No time for a long comment, but I wanted to say I also loved this episode and, as usual, enjoyed reading your post about it. I am also curious about the bracelets. I feel so bad for Sayid, he should have stayed on the island!

And I think you are correct about the person in the coffin not being one of the Oceanic 6... but who?

gina said...

There you are, Beth!

I'm so afraid that the person in the coffin is, *gulp*, Desmond.