6.18.2008

Revelations (Spoilers for BSG)

I wanted to post something about the amazing "mid-season" finale of Battlestar Galactica that aired last Friday. Since I know that most of my readers (all 3 of them!) don't watch the show, I thought, instead of doing a recap, I'd point you to some noteworthy items about it.

Before I do, I wanted to say that despite its hopeless, devastating ending, "Revelations" actually left me hopeful for a semi-happy ending for these poor people. Actually, it's because of the ending that I feel hopeful about things to come - it feels like we got the bad ending out of the way! I hope.

Anyway, here it is, the amazing tracking shot from the end of "Revelations", the quality of which you rarely see on TV (Contains the biggeset BSG SPOILER EVER , so consider yourself warned)



To read some great discussion and reviews of the episode try these links:

What's Alan Watching
TWoP Battlestar Galactica Forum

For information on the timetable for BSG's final season, read this Chicago Tribune column: "As he discussed here, the show’s executive producer, Ronald D. Moore, wrote 'Battlestar's' final episode, which, as written, is three hours long... Mary McDonnell described her reaction to the script this way: It filled her with 'an incredible feeling of adrenaline,” she told Ain't It Cool News. “It made me understand the entire saga, and made me excited for all of you.”"

And finally, the brilliant composer for BSG, Bear McCreary, writes about his experience scoring this episode over at his blog

At this point, according to TPTB over at SciFi, the final episodes of BSG are not scheduled to begin airing until "some time in the first quarter of 2009." My guess: March. If you have not started watching this amazing show yet, now is your chance - you've got at least 7 months to watch 3 and a half seasons on DVD. You can do it! I know you can!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, March is a really long time from now.