9.26.2008

Rome is burning and I'm posting celebrity gossip and fart jokes.

And that's intentional. I need a break from the bickering, finger-pointing politicians (on both sides) involved in the current financial crisis. I can't say I completely understand what happened or what is happening, but I know it's bad and it makes me sick to see the chaos surrounding the "bailout" talks. And where is our Fearless Leader? Our country desperately needs leadership right now and, well, we're not getting it. I watch the news and I'm ashamed by the entire mess. I'm just plain disgusted. And so I don't want to talk about it here.

Besides, there are plenty of places where you can get the news; but where else can you get pugs, baby pictures, lots of nerdy television talk, vague movie reviews and the occasional pretty photo? Only here, I say!

While we're sort of on the subject, I see that John McCain has changed his mind and will participate in the debate tonight. Wise decision, my friend.

Now I just have to decide if I'm up to watching it.

No comments: