9.17.2008

TV Talk: Random Edition

OK, so who watched the second episode of Fringe last night? I think I liked it better than last week. I even liked Anna Torv better. She's still wooden, but now it seems like she's supposed to be. Some of the stuff was over the top creepy - eyeballs should remain inside of heads, thank you - and the rapid onset pregnancy was FREAKY. It's mostly good stuff, but one thing I think they need is someone to inject some real skepticism into the process.  Like, What Would Scully Say?

The SciFi Channel began airing the first season of LOST on Monday night (BTW, the same guy who scores LOST also composes the music for Fringe, and it's a bit distracting. I swear he's even re-using bits of the LOST score and the abrupt transitions from show to commercial break are exactly the same). Is anyone watching? I don't have the time, unfortunately.  What's really cool is they're airing 4 episodes in a row every Monday night, from 7:00-11:00.  At that rate, you can get caught up in about 5 months!

Sons of Anarchy has definitely kept my interest, and I'm looking forward to the third episode tonight.  Katey Sagal is just all sorts of awesome.  Last week's episode ended with a great cover version of "Son of a Preacher Man" playing over the final scenes.  Turns out it was Katey Sagal singing.  I wish I could find it online somewhere, because it really is great.

Lastly, Biggest Loser: Families started up last night. I DVR'd it but I think I will probably not watch it this season. Those 2-hour episodes every week are just ridiculous - they need to trim some of that fat before I'll come back. Ha!

No comments: