11.06.2008

Let's take a ride in the music video wayback machine...

This is the first music video I ever saw, at my father's house since we didn't have MTV at the time. My father's reaction: "That isn't music!" And he was only in his early 40s!



This next song was on the jukebox in the Dining Hall at my college, and I think someone played it at every meal. I've always loved the video, and Bono looks dead sexy (and so young!) in it. According to Wikipedia: "The band only appeared in the performance scenes of the video as it was filmed in the dead of the Swedish winter. U2 guitarist Edge revealed in the official U2 biography that the four people riding on horseback in the video that appeared to be the four U2 members were in fact four Swedish teenage girls disguised as the members of U2 riding on horseback with masks over their faces. This was done as the band were frozen from shooting the video in sub-freezing temperatures the day before. Their biography states that Bono refused to wear any headgear despite the cold weather and had a lot of trouble mouthing the lyrics."





Finally, it wouldn't be a ride in the music video wayback machine without a Duran Duran video. "Save a Prayer" is arguably their most beautiful video and song. And I'm not just talking about Simon's speedo!


No comments: