11.07.2008

TV Talk: Paging Dr. Abusey!

I said I wasn't going to watch it this time around, but I just couldn't help myself! Celebrity Rehab 2 was on last night and when it was done I felt like I was doing the walk of shame down the hall to my bedroom.

Gary Busey is downright insane. Does anyone know why he's really there? He seems to be under the impression that he's there to "mentor" people when that is obviuosly not the case. He clearly suffered a traumatic brain injury and needs some serious neurological intervention. Whoever lied to him to get him onto the show - whether it was Dr. Drew or VH1 - did a real disservice not only to him, but also to the rest of the rehabbers.

And Gary, Dude, what's with the acronyms?? Was he making those up on the spot? Cause if so, he's like an acronym savant or something.

The Jeff (Conaway) and Vikki show is back and it's reaching new heights of absurdity. I don't believe either of them for a second. What was with that bizarre kiss?! I couldn't tell if they were actually awake or if their heads were holding each other up. Conaway doesn't seem to be moaning and groaning as much as the last time, but his acting does seem to have improved. I loved it when he was on the phone with Vikki and yelling to Loesha to pack his bags for him and Gary kept taking him out of the scene. Hee.

Steve Adler is MESSED UP. He was the drummer for Guns 'N Roses, and you know you have a serious problem when Axl Rose and Slash kick you out of the band because you do too many drugs. He's had two strokes and was in a coma for a while. Even though I can't understand a word he's saying, he's sort of adorable. I hope he's able to stay clean, but I'm not too encouraged.

Rodney King is on the show this season, too, and he's so sad looking.

Anyway, now I've got the Celebrity Rehab monkey on my back. God grant me the serenity...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am watching also and love Steven Adler. Last night was hysterical when they flipped the boat over and he was pissed at Gary Busey. I watched the first season and decided to watch the second because I like Dr. Drew.
Mary