12.16.2008

TV Talk: Is it January yet?


ABC has released a whole bunch of promotional photos for the new season of LOST (which begins in January) and, well, they kind of suck. This one of John Locke isn't so bad, but my TV boyfriend Desmond? EW! Look at his hair! It's way too "done". Why is he in a room with vines growing on the walls? Why is there furniture in Sawyer's boat? And why are there pine trees on the land behind John?

I finished season 1 of HBO's True Blood this weekend (thank God for On Demand!), and I'm not sure I can wait for next summer for the new season. I want to know what happened to Lafayette! And why Sam has all that money in his safe and who Maryann really is! The show really is a great combination of horror, romance, comedy and drama, with a dash of murder mystery. And Bill Compton is totally my alternate TV boyfriend, for those lonely times between new seasons of LOST.

I DVR'd Heroes last night, but when I sat down to watch it I found that the recording was corrupted, all garbled and pixelated and unwatchable. That's not as huge a loss as it would have been in earlier days, but last night's episode was the finale for this chapter and I was kind of looking forward to seeing how they wrapped things up. I'll have to see if I can catch it online, and I'll post about it here when I do.

Finally, some Battlestar Galactica items of interest:

1) Mo Ryan has been writing about her "Battlestart Galactica-thon", her re-watch of all of BSG in the lead up to the final episodes, which begin airing in January: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.

2) SciFi has begun airing the new webisodes! If you missed the first two, I got your back:





3)Lastly, if you're still confused about what the frak is going on in this show, you should watch this clip and catch the frak up:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you watch the Heroes yet? I thought it was a good wrap up. A couple deaths, too. Definitely check it out.

We are now entering the Christmas wasteland - no new episodes on TV until next month. Bleah. Don't they know I need to watch something while I wrap?

Anonymous said...

sorry - hit enter before I typed my name. that was me above! (beth)

gina said...

I posted about Heroes above - look up^.

Now's the time to clear up your DVR back log!