12.02.2008

Yes, and I have the entire season of "Life on Mars' to prove it.

Are you afflicted with 'TiVo guilt'?: "More and more people are becoming turned off by their TiVos. Digital video recorders (DVRs) revolutionized television for many viewers, freeing them from endless VCR programming and buying and keeping track of tapes. But it turns out that very ease is providing users with more than they can watch -- and turning a joy into drudgery."

This is one of the main reasons why, despite having a DVR, I try to watch a show on the night it first airs, using the DVR to skip commercials. Otherwise, time gets away from me and things tend to sit. I still haven't watched the season finale of Sons of Anarchy that aired a week ago, and now I have to find 90 minutes - minus ads - where I can fit it in.

And don't get me started on the entire season thus far of Life on Mars that I have sitting there, waiting, begging me to watch it every time I have to scroll through the list to get to something else.

I'm not ready to delete it just yet. My DVR guilt won't let me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the 'half-season finale' of BSG on my DVR that I just keep looking at and smiling about when I see it there. Most stuff I'm pretty good about deleting, but I can't quite make myself get rid of that.

gina said...

I have that episode, plus a few other BSG episodes that I want to watch again before the show starts up in January. I also have the LOST season finale and, OF COURSE, the Desmond-centric "The Constant", which I just cannot bear to delete!

Anonymous said...

I had to trade in my faulty Tivo box, so I lost the LOST finale. And I've slowly been deleting all the Fringe episodes I have backing up on my DVR. Just can't muster the time or interest to watch. Sigh