8.24.2009

True Blood - "New World in My View"

SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS WEEK'S EPISODE YET

"We will un-fuck this situation later!"
~Terry Bellefleur

Because I watch TB off of my DVR and I'm blissfully unaware of what time it is when I do, I didn't realize this was such a short episode - at least not until I went to TWoP and everyone there was bitching about it - only about 45 minutes! That's a lot of time. I wonder if they're going to add 15 minutes to the finale? That would be cool.

Anyhoo, another fantastic episode! I am so glad that Sookie, Jason and Bill are back in Bon Temps. Now we can see through their eyes what exactly has been happening in BT, and that gives us a larger perspective than just the late night backyard orgies at Maryann's house.

Another reason I'm happy they're back at Bon Temps is I was starting to get bored with Dallas. This episode seemed to fix all the things I was not happy with:
  • No more Bill and Sookie on a romantic vacation in Dallas. I don't like schmoopy Bill.
  • The spell over Tara is finally broken (I hope!)
  • Sam has essentially come out of the shapeshifter closet to a couple more people. Sort of. The less he has to be mopey about, the more interesting he will be, imo.
  • My boyfriend Vampire Bill is BACK. He's a much better vampire when he's the only one in town. Side note: Someone took my advice and fired his hair and makeup person! He looked smokin' hot when when he was slow-mo walking up to the Queen's front door.
They've really set things up nicely for a MAJOR showdown in Bon Temps, especially with The Queen getting involved, and probably Eric, too. I can't wait!

Some of my favorite parts:
  • "Jesus and I agreed to see other people. Don't mean we still don't talk time to time." - Lafayette. Poor Tara broke my heart, but I loved all of the scenes of her "intervention". I hope Tara plays a big part in taking Maryann down. She needs a little positive reinforcement right about now!
  • Jason Stackhouse pulling a Dread Pirate Roberts and pretending to be the "God Who Comes". Perfect.
  • Zombie Maxine Fortenberry was both horrifying and hilarious. I do not blame Jessica for biting her.
  • Sam should wear an apron every day. Just an apron.
  • The Sam/Andy/Jason team was priceless
I wonder what Sookie's new power is? I wonder what Sookie is? And when all is said and done, will the people of Bon Temps remember what they've been doing while under Maryann's spell? It seemed like poor Tara does.

Only two more episodes left!

No comments: