8.20.2009

"Yousa soulless bitch!"

SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS WEEK'S EPISODE

True Blood rocked again! Random thoughts about the stuff I loved this week:

** When Bill attacked that FoS guy after the bombing, I was like, THAT's the Bill I want to see. And just because it can't be said enough: Bill's hair and makeup person needs to be fired.

** The conversation Hoyt had with his Mama about how much of a hater she is was priceless. Transcribed here for your reading pleasure:

Maxine: Who do you think you're talking to?
Hoyt: My momma, who hates Methodists.
Maxine: I got my reasons.
Hoyt: And Catholics.
Maxine: Just priests!...And nuns.
Hoyt: African-Americans.
Maxine: Hush! That's a secret.
Hoyt: People who don't take care of their gardens and people who park their trucks up on their lawn and ladies who wear red shoes.
Maxine: It looks cheap!
Hoyt: Families with lots of kids and checkered curtains and cats...and dogs, and bait. Every girl that I ever liked, and the more that I like 'em the more that you hate 'em.
** Sookie's dream about Eric was hot. I guess I got my wish about Eric coming between Sookie and Bill. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that instead of getting a stronger Bill, he's going to wind up looking like a bit of a pushover, since there's not much he can do about the situation. He's already begun to lose her.

** Sookie and Jason made me cry with their talk about Gran. And then the Newlins made me LOL in their TV faceoff against Nan Flanagan and each other. Especially loved the faint paintball bruise on the reverend's forehead. Hee!

** How about how nonchalant Andy was when Sam showed up at his motel door naked? Hee again!

** Maryann's description of the ecstasy of mystics and saints - Michelle Forbes' amazing delivery - nearly had me convinced and joining up with her crazy Dionysian cult.

** Godric's death scene was beautiful, and Anna Paquin made me cry when she said she was scared for him.

** Oh no, he din't! Eggs deserves to get the crap beaten out of him for just suggesting that Lafayette take off his fake eyelashes! I didn't realize how much I disliked Eggs - no matter how AMAZING he looks with his shirt off - until Lafayette started beating the shit out of him.

IMO, this was probably the most well-acted episode of the series so far, on everyone’s part, but particularly for Anna P. and Michelle Forbes.

I cannot WAIT to see what happens next.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I am FINALLY catching up a bit on the True Blood. Yay! I have to agree with most of your points. I love that we're getting more Eric, and he is more like the Eric in the book. We laughed at the paintball bruise, and how unfazed Andy was to see a naked Sam. I am sooooo tired of Maryanne and will be glad when she is gone. I also loved that Lafayette dragged Tara away from Marianne and Eggs. If Tara were not so damaged she would have seen all the problems there and left sooner. I hate that Marianne is using Sookie's house, but I suppose I understand why they did it for the show.