8.05.2009

TV Talk: Summer of Blood

I haven't posted much about True Blood since season 2 began, but I have been loving it. Has it been awesome, or what? All of the different story threads finally started coming together nicely in the past couple of weeks: Sookie, Bill, Eric, Jason and Godric are all converging on The Fellowship of the Sun; and Andy Bellefleur's drunken obsession with that pig saved Sam's life. Poor Sam, he just can't catch a break, can he? Will Maryann be killed, or will she just go away? It would be poetic justice if Andy was the one to ultimately get rid of Maryann, considering how the woman she killed was found in the back of his car.

As much as I'm enjoying this season, however, I must say that the bloom is somewhat off the rose as far as my boyfriend Bill is concerned. He's had his moments, but overall, he's just so BORING. Or at least his story is. I hope Eric drives a wedge between Sookie and Bill real soon. They are far more interesting when they are apart.

I was going to write about who the killer was on Harper's Island, but then I thought that perhaps I would be spoiling someone (you can watch it online here), even though the only people I know who did watch it were me and my sisters.

In the end, it was a fairly predictable person, but they made it a plausible (as plausible as this show ever got) and satisfying conclusion. It's too bad CBS dumped the show. It's a great concept for a summer series: a 13-episode murder mystery/horror story. It's perfect for the summer! Oh, well.

So, what's this I hear? Paula Abdul is really leaving American Idol?? Holy crap! Do I think that her departure will impact the show negatively, or at all? Absolutely not. Did I think she was going to be on this show forever, like Paul Lynde on the Hollywood Squares? Asbolutely!



Finally, a couple of quick notes: We had a blast watching Wipeout and I Survived a Japanese Game Show with the kids in Maine. (Hai, Majide!) And I watched one of the Warehouse 13 episodes I have on my DVR and I kind of liked it. I'll give it a couple more.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm so depressed. My friend was taping True Blood for me (no HBO here) and her DVD recorder BROKE. The horror! So now I have to skim your True Blood posts to be sure not to spoil anything (even though I read the books).

gina said...

Oh no! What will you do, watch it on DVD?