10.28.2003

Adults are taking back Halloween: "“The notion that Halloween is simply for kids is a misconception based on the centrality of trick-or-treating in the 1950s, when there was an attempt to take the mischief out of Halloween and ‘infantilize’ it,” says Nick Rogers, a history professor at York University in Toronto and author of “Halloween: From Pagan Ritual to Party Night.”"

Thing 1 and Thing 2I don't think I ever stopped celebrating Halloween. We have a party to go to on Friday night, and Sheila and are going as Thing 1 and Thing 2, from Dr. Seuss' Cat in the Hat. We are going to look so awesome. I made my goldfish last night and he's sitting in his fish bowl at home, as we speak. All I have left to do is spray my wig blue tonight. I wonder if we're going to drive to the party with the wigs on, or put them on in the car when we get there. I think it would be pretty funny if we rode around with them on.

No comments: