9.09.2004

"Crrrrazy Beetch!"

Time for a confession. I got home last night from the hairdresser to find that Sheila had The Surreal Life on. You know, the show that throws a handful of B-List celebrities into a house, makes them live together and waits for the hilarity to ensue. This season the housemates are: Brigitte Nielsen, Dave Coulier ("Full House"), Flava Flav, Jordan Knight (New Kids on the Block), Ryan Starr (American Idol, first season) and Charro. I swear to God, I never thought I'd laugh so hard at such a stupid show, but I did. Mostly at the expense of Brigitte Nielsen, clearly a raging alcoholic who Charro calls "a crrrrrrrazy beetch", and who likes to parade around the house clad only in a white apron and a black thong.

Observations: Knight is a complete d*ck, Starr is a little too nice and normal for this crowd and I'm not sure she will last, and Charro must have been cryogenically preserved - she hasn't changed at all.

The season premiere reruns tonight, with a new episode on Sunday night, on VH1. Beware: In Sunday's previews, Nielsen and Flav get pretty damn cuddly. God, my eyes.

No comments: