9.30.2004

Lost

So, I watched the second episode of "Lost" last night, on ABC. Which is quite remarkable, since I cannot recall the last time I got past the first episode of a new show (that wasn't on HBO), or even cared enough to remember to watch the following week. Wait, yes I can - it was "Arrested Development". I've been waiting to see something about the AD season premiere - has anyone heard anything about it?

Anyhoo. The pace of "Lost" has slackened a bit, but it was still compelling. From bits that I've read, it looks like the "monster" will be revealed soon and the show will concentrate on character development more. And that particular onion started to peel last night, as we discovered new information on the background of some of the characters (I won't give anything away, since I know there are some of you who are planning on watching the show - but I will in future, so consider yourselves warned). I think it's a great idea - we start at the same point as all of the characters - we will learn who these people are right along with everyone on the show. And since it's JJ Abrahams (sp?), I'm sure there will be a few cool surprises along the way.

If you haven't seen the show and you want to catch up, ABC is airing the first 2 episodes this Saturday night.

No comments: