4.29.2005

Idol Chatter.

Ladies and Gentleman, Smeagol has left the building.

Man, as much as I didn't like Constantine, I honestly didn't think he deserved to go before Scott. Who on God's green earth is voting for Scott? What is his demographic? I don't get it. He's a mediocre singer with a bad attitude and if he's supposed to be representative of the average American, I may just have to surrender my citizenship.

The performances on Tuesday night were only so-so overall, and Constantine was particularly bad - the first mistake he made was to revert to his so-called "rocker" pose, which is exposed as the sham it is when showcased next to Bo; and then to make matters worse, his performance was barely on par with what you'd see in a karaoke bar. He really stank. P.U.

So, while I don't think he should have gone before Scott, I do think he should have been next.

As far as everyone else goes, nothing really blew me away. Carrie must have had her emotion chip adjusted since she seemed a bit more lively; Bo looked silly in the rocker Halloween costume; Vonzelle...I can't remember what she sang; and Anthony, honey, you get gayer with every passing week.

One final note. I hope that Bo's coke bust doesn't hurt his standing. If Scott, with his domestic abuse arrest, can still get the votes, then a rock singer who got busted for possession of coke should be able to, as well. Besides, it just makes him all the more authentic. ;)

No comments: