4.20.2005

Idol Speculation

"70s Dance Music"

The word "disco" was left out intentionally, I'm sure, allowing Bo the leeway he needed to pick a song that suited him. Damn did that song suit him. I was so nervous throughout the entire show, convinced that no matter what song he chose it was going to be a disaster. How relieved was I when he ripped into "Vehicle"? And I got all sorts of tingly. Hot. Stuff.

Was it a dance song? Technically, yes, it was in the rock/funk/early 70s danceable vein. The producers probably want him to stay so they made the category as amiguous as possible. Hey, if it was on the list, he has just as much a right as anyone else to sing it.

As for the rest:

Carrie - You are a fembot, I think. A machine. You can sing absolutely anything, perfectly, and without any soul whatsoever.

Scott - GO HOME. Please.

Anthony - That performance was one of the gayest things I have ever seen. Not that that's a bad thing. It was like something from Rent. I agree with Simon - insipid - and Ryan - stop dancing.

Vonzelle - Adorable, talented and for some reason, forgettable. I have such a hard time remembering her!

Anwar - You should have been gone 3 weeks ago, and I think you'll go tonight.

Constantine - Ick. Ick. Ick. Smeagol.

2 comments:

Esther said...

Anwar - Anyone (especially a black man) who *skips* as he's singing 70's music should just go away. Quickly.

LOL! He didn't start dancing around in his Joe Boxer shorts, did he?

gina said...

Well, I don't think Carrie puts her soul into any song. She has more personality in the short interview clips than she has when she sings. If she could emote more onstage, with her pipes there would be absolutely no competition.