4.07.2005

My Prrrrecious Valentine

This week's 'Idol' was really pretty bad, with the theme being show tunes. Now, I know they aren't the easiest thing to sing, but the song choices by the contestants were inexplicable. Bo couldn't find something from Jesus Christ Superstar, or Hair, or Godspell?? I mean come on, Pippi Longstockings? And while Carrie is technically perfect, she has the personality and depth of a Barbie doll. One of the best performances of the night, much to my chagrin, was Constantine singing a favorite of mine, "My Funny Valentine". Entertainment Weekly summed up my feelings perfectly, and helped me to finally realize who he reminded me of with his creepy, leering looks:

"I really hate to say it, but I thought Constantine gave one of the night's better efforts. Yeah, he took his wild mugging to shameless new lows, and his final note was shakier than Grandma's hands, but his light-jazz read on ''My Funny Valentine'' showed he not only has impeccable taste in songs, but he also truly understands the words coming out of his Smeagoly mouth."



Smeagol! Yes! Tell me you don't agree.

1 comment:

Esther said...

LOL!

Maybe I should start watching this show.