2.22.2006

Geekin' out a little.

I bought one of these DVD Install Kits at Radio Shack yesterday. Sheila has an old Sony television in her bedroom that has no A/V input, just a coax cable connector. We wanted to be able to watch a DVD or play a video game on that television if the main one in the living room was otherwise occupied, but couldn't because of the A/V input issue, and I didn't know if you could buy anything that would act like an adapter (I don't know much about this stuff). Buying a new TV for her room was bandied about, but why spend that money when you don't have to?

So I stopped at Radio Shack at lunch yesterday and was able to get exactly what I needed, for more money than I would have liked to spend. The kit operates basically like a VCR, as far as all the input/output connections, but is a little cheaper. It took only minutes to set up and works nicely with my portable DVD player. Yay for me!

No comments: